Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Two Acceptance Letters in One Day


That's right, folks, I received two Acceptance Letters this afternoon, just fifteen minutes apart. The first was at 2:06pm from Crab Fat Literary Magazine.

Crab Fat is a quarterly online journal and the editors have accepted one of my flash fiction pieces for publication. It will be viewable online next month.

http://crabfatmagazine.com/


The second acceptance was at 2:21pm and it came from Poetry Quarterly. The editors of this journal have accepted my poem, "Defender of the Letter," for publication.

I wrote this little poem almost a year ago, January 11, 2014. It's taken quite a while for it to be accepted. It has really made the rounds, circulating among more than a few dozen journals before finally finding a home.

Each time it got rejected, I would re-read it carefully, trying to decide if there was anything I should change, but I always ended up leaving it exactly as it was and then re-sending it out into the world.

I'm glad I did. I knew I would find the right home for it eventually. I really look forward to seeing this one in print.

http://poetryquarterly.com/



~~~



I now have three Acceptance Letters, so far, for the year.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment