Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Acceptance Letter, Rejection Letters (2), and Contributor's Copy / Another Busy Day


Today was another busy day in this writer's life. First thing this morning, I received an Acceptance Letter from 101-Word Stories. My short story, "Passing," is going to be published on their site on February 4, 2015.

Their email was one of the fastest responses I've ever received. It took less than six hours to get an acceptance. It's always rather fun to wake up to an acceptance email after having just sent off the submission at midnight the night before.

This is one of the reasons I never doubt my process. If I'm motivated to send off one more submission, it doesn't matter how late it is. I simply do it. And I'm always glad I did.

http://www.101words.org/


~~~
 
 
I also received my Author's Copy today of California Quarterly Volume 40 Number 4. They published my poem, "Fleeting."
 
It's a fantastic issue with work from several of my poet friends: Tamara Fey Turner, Maggie Grinnell, and Rachel Blum.
 
This is the second issue of California Quarterly I've been published in, in recent months. They also published my poem, "Transition," in the Fall 2014 issue.
 
California Quarterly is the official magazine of the California State Poetry Society.
They have a Facebook Page:
 
 
 
~~~
 
 
The first Rejection Letter I received today was from The Antigonish Review. It was my third rejection from them over the course of a year. But in spite of the multiple rejections, the editors very kindly encouraged me to try again. And so I probably will. The editors also complimented my author's photo. I suppose that's always nice as well.    ;) 
 
 
 
The second Rejection Letter I received today was from Cleaver Magazine for a Flash Fiction piece. They took the time to do something kind of cool. They gave me some very specific feedback on why this particular piece didn't work for them. It was helpful. I always appreciate it when editors take the time to be specific.
 
While I don't necessarily implement everything they suggest, I always take a good hard look at what they're suggesting to see if any of it makes sense for what I'm trying to accomplish with my piece, whether it be a poem or a story. Sometimes it does work; sometimes it doesn't. But I always appreciate the fact that they took the time to share their thoughts.
 
 
 
~~~
 
 
Well, for anyone who's keeping score, I now have 5 Acceptances & 16 Rejections so far for 2015. The year is getting off to a fantastic start. It's been a very busy month already. No complaints.
 
Now back to work.    :)
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment