Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Public Space


I received another Rejection Letter from A Public Space today. That makes three for this past year. I remain undaunted. I enjoyed their Summer 2014 Issue so much, I still may try again.

http://apublicspace.org/ 

Sometimes, the third time just isn't the charm. Sometimes, it's the fourth attempt that clinches it, as was the case for me with getting a piece accepted by Lummox Journal a few years back. A certain amount of persistence can go a very long way.  

So December has been a fairly busy month for Rejection Letters. No doubt. But I can't complain. I've certainly received my fair share of Acceptance Letters as well this past year. It's been my busiest and most successful year thus far.

And in truth, I rather enjoy a certain number of Rejection Letters. It's a constant reminder for me that I do have a great deal of work out there in the pipeline, circulating, being considered. And that's a wonderful feeling.

On more than one occasion, I've received as many as four rejections in one day. Now that's a lot. But every time it's happened, I've immediately turned around and sent out just as many new submissions on the same day. Just my way of maintaining poetic balance in my limitless world of words.  :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment