Monday, January 12, 2015

Rattle Magazine / Ekphrasis Challenge


Rattle Magazine started a new poetry competition in the fall of 2014, the Ekphrasis Challenge. I love writing poems that focus on specific works of art, so it's been great fun entering both contests so far.

I don't actually ever expect to win when I submit work to Rattle. The competition is fierce. The issues are consistently stellar, and the contests are always packed with fascinating and amazing entries.

http://www.rattle.com/

In short, I view my contributions as more of an exercise in interacting and learning from some of the best poets writing today, versus thinking I might actually win.

But in truth, learning something new is always winning in my book.

There's a Closed Group on Facebook devoted to the Ekphrasis Challenge. If interested, click on the link below and send a request to the editor to join the group. Who knows, you just might win the next competition.   ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EkphrasisChallenge/


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment