Monday, January 5, 2015

First Publication of the New Year


First publication of the New Year. Miller's Pond Poetry Magazine has published two of my poems: "Rise" and "Moment."

http://www.millerspondpoetry.com/index.php/issues/index.php…

Who says nothing good ever happens on a Monday?   ;)



~~~ 
 
 
 
Today was a busy writing day that encompassed a bit of everything. I wrote three new poems, sent off five new submissions, and also received another rejection letter as well as a notification that a journal I submitted to in the Fall has ceased publication.
 
 
The Rejection Letter came from Contrary Magazine. Highly competitive. I never feel badly about rejections. I understand it's a numbers game. (For anyone who's counting, that makes my fourth rejection letter so far for the year.) I know how difficult it is to break into certain magazines. It doesn't mean I won't keep trying though with the ones that I really love and admire. I've got time. I'm not going anywhere.
 
 
 
And the 'Ceasing Publication' email came from Long Story Short Magazine. I'm disappointed that I didn't have the opportunity to publish with this journal while they were still in operation. I've really enjoyed reading some of the pieces on their site this past year. But these things happen. Folks move on to bigger and better things. I wish them well.
 
 
 
And now I believe I will send out one more submission for the day, just for good measure.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment