Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ellipsis... Literature and Art and Fine Linen Magazine


I received two rejection letters today. The first was from Ellipsis Magazine.

https://ellipsis.westminstercollege.edu/

This rejection was a little disheartening. It was for a poem I wrote more than a year ago and have been sending out into the world very meticulously for quite a few months now. It keeps coming back. I just haven't found the right home for it yet.

The second rejection letter came from Fine Linen Magazine.

http://fl-mag.com/

Also a bit disappointing, but the editors did very graciously invite me to try again with another submission for their next issue. So that's one of the items I'll be working on this afternoon.

I do like it when editors suggest I try again. I always take them at their word. I have to assume they really mean it if they took the time to write it. So I always try again, with high hopes and steely resolve. (That's a quote from one of my poems. Do you know which one?)    ;)

Back to the grind.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment