Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rejection Letters, Acceptance Letters, and Contributor's Copies - All in all, a very good day.


Rejection Letters, Acceptance Letters, and Contributor's Copies - All in one day


I realize for most of the country, today was all about mid-term voting. And yes, voting is incredibly important. I hope all my friends got out there and voted. But today was a busy and exciting day for me in its own right, in addition to voting. Some days have a little bit of everything, and they're quite enjoyable as a result. Today was one of those days.

  • Rejection Letter - The Great American Poetry Show - I checked my email upon waking to find that I had yet another rejection letter from The Great American Poetry Show. I've tried 20 times in the last eight years. No luck so far. Some might wonder why I keep trying when my work has been rejected so many times to date. Simple really - It's so easy to submit to this particular publication and the editor, Larry Ziman, never keeps writers waiting long for a response. I like that. When the turnaround time is consistently a matter of just a few days, it makes it easier to keep trying. Additionally, for anyone who has seen the awesomeness of Volumes 1 & 2 of this amazing book, it really would be quite cool to be included in this Series. So, I'll keep trying. One never knows. An acceptance letter could be just around the corner. http://tgaps.net/

  • Rejection Letter - The Adroit Journal - Much of what I wrote about The Great American Poetry Show can also be said about The Adroit Journal. It's so easy to submit, and the editor, Peter LaBerge, never keeps writers waiting long for a response. It makes it very easy to keep trying. I've submitted work 19 times this year. And I'll keep on trying. One has to admire this young man who started this literary journal at the age of sixteen when he was still a sophomore in High School. It's great reading. Highly recommended.  http://www.theadroitjournal.org/

  • Rejection Letter - The Adirondack Review - Another fantastic magazine that has great turnaround time for submissions. I usually get a response within a week. http://www.theadirondackreview.com/

  • Acceptance Letter - Samsara Magazine  - To be a writer requires tremendous dedication and patience. Most often, it can take months to hear back from a journal with a response on a particular submission. I submitted five poems to Samsara Magazine on December 13, 2013. On May 1, 2014, I received a postcard update letting me know that my submission had been received and that the entire review process would take several months. I received the acceptance letter today, nearly eleven months after starting the process. An acceptance letter is truly that much sweeter, having waited so long to receive it. I am really pleased with this one. My work will be published in March 2015.  http://samsaramagazine.net/

  • Acceptance Letter - Leaves of Ink - Earl S. Wynn, of Leaves of Ink, is another awesome editor who believes in speedy turnaround time when responding to writers' submissions. I've had work both rejected and accepted by Mr. Wynn, and the response time has always been within 48 hours. Very much appreciated. My poem, "Capture," was accepted today and will be live on the site later this month on Sunday, November 23, 2014.  http://www.leaves-of-ink.com/

  • Contributor's Copy - Pancakes in Heaven - I received the November 2014 issue of Pancakes in Heaven today. I'm very pleased to have my poem, "Canvas," included in this issue. Pancakes in Heaven is a beautiful ministry that distributes free copies of the magazine to Nursing Homes, Shut-ins, Veterans, and Prisoners. Five of my poems were selected to be included in various issues this year. I love being a part of such a beautiful and rewarding literary endeavor.

  • Contributor's Copy - The Penwood Review - I am so proud to have work included in yet another issue of The Penwood Review. The editor, Lori Cameron, has been incredibly supportive of my work for nearly ten years now. She's been publishing my poetry since Spring 2005. My poem, "Arrogance," was included in the Spring 2014 issue, and now my little contribution, "Buried," is published in the current Autumn 2014 issue. All back issues are available through the website.  http://www.penwoodreview.com/
     
                
 
~~~~~
 
 


All in all, a very good day.    


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment